Live Oak —
Tuesday A chance of showers between 9am and noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 92. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
For all road conditions in Suwannee County, visit www.suwcounty.org/ or http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/traffic/
State Road 51 Daytime lane closures Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lafayette County line (Hal Adams Bridge) for repairs to the shoulders just north of the Suwannee River Bridge.
US 129 Daytime lane closures Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. half a mile south of 128th Street, about three miles south of Live Oak, to investigate a depression in the northbound lane.
Best bets for today
* Suwannee County Commission meeting, 4 p.m., City Hall in Live Oak.
* Live Oak Library closed for repairs. Children’s programs are available in some areas, call 386-362-2317. Computer lab with Internet access is available at John H. Hale Community Center at 215 N.E. Duval, in Live Oak.
* Bingo. Hosted by the American Legion Post 107. Every Tuesday. Early games are at 3 p.m. and evening games are at 7 p.m. Take Hwy. 129, six miles south of Live Oak, turn left at the BINGO sign, then one mile.
Live Oak —
- Local News
- Mayo child struck by vehicle doing fine
‘Changing Minds’ strikes gold
LHS production pleases public
Boat safely this holiday weekend!
A message from the FWC
Mommies helping mommies
A local woman seeks to help other moms affected by Oklahoma tornado
FWC visits with gator
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Officer D. Mobley stopped by the Democrat offices Wednesday afternoon with this alligator that he had just caught in a Hamilton County pond. Mobley will be showing another alligator to students at Suwannee Primary School on Thursday along with other wildlife as part of an FWC event.
- Former Branford Town Council member, Joe Pete Cannon, passes at 72
Suwannee Democrat Obituaries-May 22, 2013
William Howard Underwood, Jackie Ann Jones, Louise D. Herman, Linda Lee Barnett, Jarvin Jackson
Democrat Morning Update for Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Good morning. Here are your updates for today.
New park opens in White Springs
Name of park means ‘My Home Town’ in Seminole Indian language
Relay for Life - Mending hearts, curing cancer
$18K raised at track event, bringing total to about $55K
- More Local News Headlines