Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
LIVE OAK CITY HALL
101 SOUTHEAST WHITE AVENUE
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR APRIL 17, 2012, 4:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Dinner Break – Approximately 6:00 P.M. until 7:00 P.M.
1. Approve payment of invoices.
2. Approve payment of Invoice No. 5568 in the amount of $35,334.81 to AK Associates for Frequentis Protect SR and Protocol Converter for replacement 911 System. (E911 State Grant)
3. Approve payment of Invoice No. 5569 in the amount of $55,130.71 to AK Associates for Frequentis NG911 CPE System for replacement 911 System. (E911 State Grant)
4. Approve payment of Invoice No. 2 in the amount of $158,123.98 to TCA Electrical Contractors, Inc. for work performed for the Runway Lights, Airfield Signage and Marking Improvements project at Suwannee County Airport. (FAA grant)
5. Reappointment of Tommie Jefferson, District 2 member, to serve another term on the Suwannee County Zoning Board of Adjustment & Planning & Zoning Board, retroactive to September 3, 2011.
6. Approve agreement with My Old Airplane Corp., in the monthly amount of $162.00, for lease of Hangar “B-3” at Suwannee County Airport.
7. Approve agreement with REK Equipment, in the monthly amount of $162.00, for lease of Hangar “C-6” at Suwannee County Airport.
8. Approve agreement with John W. Woolston, in the monthly amount of $162.00, for lease of Hangar “C-11” at Suwannee County Airport.
9. Award Bid Solicitation No. 2012-04, Asphalt Cold Mix, to Duval Asphalt Products, Inc. in the amount of $115.02 per ton (delivered; 20 ton minimum).
10. Award Bid Solicitation No. 2012-07, Waste Tire Removal, to DisposAll, Inc. in the amount of $85.00 per ton.
11. Approval of job description and payscale for Administrative Aide position for Extension Office, and approval to advertise for same.
12. Approval to advertise for six (6) Full-time Paramedic/Firefighter and/or EMT/Firefighter positions for Fire Rescue Station 5 (Wellborn).
13. Approval to submit application for FEMA Fire Prevention and Safety Grant in the amount of $12,000.00 for Fire Rescue.
14. Approval to submit application for Florida EMS Matching and Rural Grant in the amount of $193,000.00 for replacement of existing ambulance and equipment for Fire Rescue.
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
15. At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for the Reconstruction of 180th Street (District 4). (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-06) (Randy Harris, Public Works Director)
AT 5:30 P.M., RECESS REGULAR BOARD MEETING TO HOLD EXECUTIVE SESSION.
16. Approve minutes of the following meetings:
a) Financial Workshop held on March 29, 2012
b) Catalyst-Project Christmas Workshop held on March 29, 2012
c) Regular Meeting held on April 3, 2012
17. Staff Reports.
a) Hal A. Airth, County Attorney
b) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
c) Charlie Conner, Public Safety Director
d) Randy Harris, Public Works Director
e) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
f) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
18. The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 26, Additional Agenda Items.)
19. Discuss, with possible Board action, continuation of previous discussion regarding employees affected by increase in minimum wage. (Wesley Wainwright, Chairman)
20. Discuss, with possible Board action, Volunteer Stipend Plan for Volunteer Fire Departments. (Charlie Conner, Public Safety Director)
21. Discuss, with possible Board action, Fire Rescue Station 5 (Wellborn). (Charlie Conner, Public Safety Director)
22. Discuss, with possible Board action, items associated with Judicial Annex Building. (Randy Harris, Public Works Director)
23. Discuss, with possible Board action, review of policy regarding C&D disposal at County Collection Sites. (Randy Harris, Public Works Director)
24. Discuss, with possible Board action, drainage retention for turn lanes on Hwy 90 West for Catalyst Site. (Randy Harris, Public Works Director)
25. Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
26. Additional Agenda Items.
27. Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.
Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
- Local News
- Fiery crash claims life of driver in Hamilton
- Great Suwannee River Race
Happening today! May Day Fun Day
Come out Saturday to join in celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation
What: May Day Fun Day.
Why: To celebrate the Emancipation Proclamation.
Who: Local vendors, car show, activities for the kids.
Where: Douglass Center, 617 Ontario Ave. SW.
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rant & Rave - May 17, 2013
Live Oak: Alcohol ordinance passes 3-2
Compromise over time gets green light
Veto may be looming once more
On tap this weekend
Relay for Life
'Treasures of the Suwannee'
May Day Fun Day
City to consider new form of government
Talks are afoot for manager to govern department heads
Great Suwannee River Race is tomorrow
The Great Suwannee River gets underway this Saturday at Little River Spring with rafts, canoes and kayaks racing to Ivey Park in Branford. Sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Live Oak and the Rotary Club of Live Oak, the race is in its fourth year. Racing starts at 10 a.m. and awards will be given out at 1 p.m. Come join this group of fun seekers as they make their way anyway they can to the finish line.
- Child seriously injured in accident in Mayo
Democrat Morning Update for Friday, May 17, 2013
Good morning. Here are your updates for today.
- More Local News Headlines