Mayo — Congratulations to the Melody Christian Academy Wildcats boys baseball team on their District 5-1A championship. The Wildcats claimed the title with a 12-1 victory over the Lafayette Hornets on Thursday, April 26 in Mayo. Both the Wildcats and Hornets will advance to regional playoff action that begins on May 8.
- Mayo Free Press
Ethics commission: No probable cause found Jarvis misused databases
The state of Florida Commission on Ethics has ruled Wednesday there was no probable cause found to determine former Third Circuit State Attorney Robert L. “Skip” Jarvis Jr. misused his position while in office or used information not available to the general public for the benefit of himself or another person by utilizing databases to make searches on people.
- FHP monitoring prescribed burn in Lafayette County
Marijuana grow house busted in Lafayette County
Street value $234,000
- Summer vacation is here: what to do with the kids?
Tropical Storm Andrea brings recharge, no river flooding expected
Most of the rain from the storm fell in Taylor, Lafayette, and Suwannee counties, where totals were 3-4 inches. Flooding on the Suwannee River is not expected, but the rain will help recharge lakes and the aquifer.
- Officials remind Floridians to practice safety as TS Andrea approaches Gulf Coast
- Lafayette County Public Library-Adult Workshops for June 2013
- Woman’s Club volunteers at Head Start
- Warden Scott Crews happy to be back in Mayo
- UF-CARD receives over $3K for autism
- More Mayo Free Press Headlines
- Ethics commission: No probable cause found Jarvis misused databases