Mayo — The Lafayette Hornets hosted the District 5-Class 1A boys baseball tournament April 24-26, 2012 in Mayo. Following a 7-1 victory over the Branford Buccaneers behind the pitching of Senior Stephen Dees, the Hornets earned a spot in the Thursday championship game, while the Melody Christian Academy Wildcats advances with a win over the Trojans of Hamilton County. The championship game matched up the two teams for their third meeting of the season. The Wildcats were able to continue their success over the Hornets this season to claim a 12-1 victory to claim the championship. Both teams will advance to regional tournament play, with the Hornets traveling to face the Trenton High School Tigers on May 8, 2012 in a 7 p.m. match-up.
- Mayo Sports
- Softball state championship: Lafayette plays today at 11:05. Watch LIVE online, click here.
- Lafayette wins state semifinal
- Lafayette softball: State semifinal game today
- District title streak continues for Lady Hornets softball
Melody defeats Hamilton County in semifinal
Will play Lafayette High School Thursday night
Ring of champions
The Lafayette County Lady Hornets volleyball team gathered together on the hardwood one last time Friday to display their most recent championship rings, the 2012 FHSAA Class 1A Girls Volleyball State Champions.
It's a wrap
Lafayette County winter sports wrap-up
- Soccer: Lafayette Hornets win district game, will host Franklin County for state on Wednesday.
- Lafayette High School to host Class 1A-District 2 soccer tournaments
- Lafayette Hornet volleyball claims second state title
- More Mayo Sports Headlines