Live Oak — SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR JANUARY 15, 2013, 4:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Dinner Break – Approximately 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Approve payment of invoices.
- Approve payment of Invoice No. 7 in the amount of $107,558.89 to Curt’s Construction for the Construction of 129th Road. (District 5 funds)
- Approve payment of Invoice No. 1 in the amount of $27,933.87 to Simplex Grinnell for the installation of Security Cameras and Video Recording System for Suwannee County Airport. (FAA/DOT grant)
- Approve payment of Invoice No. 1 in the amount of $732,299.20 to J.B. Coxwell Contracting, Inc. to clearing and grubbing at Catalyst Site.
- Approval of Agreement with Suwannee County Fair Association for lease of Coliseum Complex from March 11, 2013 through April 17, 2013 to hold the County Fair.
- Approval to advertise to hold a public hearing on February 19, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. to adopt an ordinance abolishing the Code Enforcement Board and adopt magistrate procedure for Code Enforcement.
- Award proposal for legal services for the Planning and Zoning Board and the Zoning Board of Adjustment to the Prevatt Law Firm. (RFP No. 2012-23) (Proposals opened during December 18, 2012 Board meeting.)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, air packs for Fire Rescue. (James Sommers, Public Safety Director)
- a) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
b) Randy Harris, County Administrator
c) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
d) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
e) James Sommers, Public Safety Director
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
- At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Construction of 71st Street Drainage Ditch. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-25) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Staff Vehicle for Fire Rescue. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-27) (James Sommers, Public Safety Director)
- At 4:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, discuss, with possible Board action, annual funding for Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. (Dr. Maggie Labarta, President/CEO – Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.)
- At 4:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, presentation of annual report for Suwannee County Health Department. (Pamela Blackmon, Administrator – Suwannee County Health Department)
- At 4:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, presentation regarding the Suwannee River Basin Management Action Plan (BMAP) process. (Terry Hansen, Environmental Consultant –Florida Department of Environmental Protection)
- At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider adoption of an ordinance amending the Official Zoning Atlas of Suwannee County for a 1.01 acre parcel from Residential Single Family (RSF-1) to Residential Mixed Single Family/Mobile Home-1 (RSF-1/MH-1). (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
- At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold first of two public hearings, to consider an amendment to the Future Land Use Map of Suwannee County to amend the Future Land Use of 38.05 acres from Commercial Highway Interchange (CHI) to Industrial (I) and 39.59 acres from Agriculture-1 (A-1) to Industrial (I) and approval to transmit proposed application to the Department of Economic Opportunity. (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
- Consider approval to purchase Lot 12 Eagle’s Nest Subdivision, ½ of the Northeast Access to the Catalyst Site in the amount of $32,500, exceeding appraised value of $30,000. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
- Approve minutes of meetings held on December 18, 2012 and January 3, 2013.
- Set date, time and location to hold workshop regarding economic development.
- Discuss, with possible Board action, authorization to allow purchases through U.S. General Service Administration (GSA). (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, request to purchase time clocks and software through GSA. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, authorization to bid for clearing and grubbing of balance acreage (56± acres) of Catalyst Site. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Additional Agenda Items.
- Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
- Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.