Live Oak —
I appreciate the fine job that our former City Administrator Joseph Maranti has done in his short time here. I hated to see him resign, but definitely understand his reasons for leaving.
I personally feel that the policy and procedures should be reviewed by the City Council. I would like to see the "At Will" status removed from our department heads and they be treated like the rest of our city employees. If the City Council is tasking the city administrator with evaluating and managing the department heads and other employees, he should be provided the proper authority to discipline, hire and fire. The City Council should be in place to make policy, not to be involved in the day-to-day operations of the city. Micro-managing discourages productivity and efficiency.
City Council member, District 3
Live Oak —
- Letter to the editor: William Dolly
- Letter to the editor: Harry C. Gray III
- Letter to the editor: Randy Torrance 5/10/13
- Letter to the editor: Mary Taylor
- Letter to the editor: Randy Torrance
- Guest column: Let’s GROW Suwannee!
- The Democrat Says: CRA director
- Letter to the editor: Howard F. Bryan Jr.
- Letter to the editor: Jesse Caruthers
- Democrat Says - Flame remains bright
- More Opinion Headlines