Live Oak — SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR FEBRUARY 5, 2013, 9:00 A.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Lunch Break – Approximately 12:00 p.m. until 1:30 p.m.
Luncheon provided by the Extension Office
- Approve payment of processed invoices.
- Appointment of Wayne Peterson, as District 2 member, to serve on the Suwannee County Volunteer Fire Governing Board.
- Approval of Records Disposition Document for the destruction of County records according to Florida Statutes for the Suwannee County Clerk of Circuit Court.
- Award Bid Solicitation No. 2012-25 for Construction of 71st Street Drainage Ditch to Gamble and Associates in the amount of $109,500.00. (Bids were opened during January 15, 2013 Board meeting.)
- Award Bid Solicitation No. 2012-27 for Staff Vehicle for Fire Rescue Services to Garber Chevrolet in the amount of $24,886.00. (Bids were opened during January 15, 2013 Board meeting.)
- Approval of Advance Small County Outreach Program Agreement and Addendum in the amount of $400,000.00 with the Florida Department of Transportation for Bridge Repair/Rehabilitation on 98th Terrace over Rocky Creek Bridge #374012, including authorization for Chairman to execute ALL necessary documentation, and adoption of enabling resolution.
- Authorization to advertise for bids for replacement of commercial dishwasher, including installation, at Suwannee County Jail.
- Permission to advertise for bids for the reconstruction of 216th Street (Market Road) in District 5.
- Approval of Certificate Regarding Matching Funds, in the amount of $978.94 (the 15% required County match, currently included in the Supervisor of Elections budget), for a Federal Election Administration Activities grant in the amount of $6,526.26 for Suwannee County Elections.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
- Discuss, with possible Board action, information regarding the line of credit. (Barry A. Baker, Clerk of Circuit Court)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, the need to decontaminate records, and keeping the potential surrendered year end funds to do so. (Barry A. Baker, Clerk of Circuit Court)
- a) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
b) Randy Harris, County Administrator
c) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
d) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
e) James Sommers, Public Safety Director
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
- At 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open Request for Proposals, for Suwannee County Airport Hangar Door Repair. (RFP No. 2013-01) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- At 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Clearing and Grubbing (Catalyst Site Project), and award bid for same. (Bid Solicitation No. 2013-02) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- At 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, consider request of use of old Fire/EMS Station in Branford by Suwannee River Economic Council. (Sabrina Brock, SREC)
- At 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, consider request for use of Douglass Center Complex by the Girls & Boys Club. (Janie Philpot)
- At 9:30 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, discuss, with possible Board action, repairs for Douglass Center Gymnasium. (Arnold Philmore)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
- Discuss, with possible Board action, consideration for purchase of Melizo, LLC property for NE Perimeter Road project. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
- Approve minutes of the following meetings:
- Reconvened Meeting held on January 4, 2013
- Regular Meeting held on January 15, 2013
- Special Meeting held on January 23, 2013
- Discuss, with possible Board action, proposal by Nabors, Giblin & Nickerson in the amount of $25,500 for a rate study to be performed by Government Services Group for the Fire Protection Assessment Program. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, obtaining an appraisal for the balance of Sperring property to be used for additional parking for the Courthouse. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Additional Agenda Items.
- Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
- Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.