Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
219 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR NOVEMBER 20, 2012, 5:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Dinner Break –
1. Hold election of Chairman for 2013.
2. Hold election of Vice-Chairman for 2013.
3. Approve payment of invoices.
4. Approve payment of Invoice No. 0482935 in the amount of $5,279.00 to Arcadis US, Inc. engineering services for Catalyst Site Water Use Permit. (DEO/EDA grant)
5. Approve payment of Invoice No. EBB-14494 in the amount of $6,452.85 to Davis, Schnitker, Reeves & Browning P.A. for professional services regarding litigation with TSS Development.
6. Approval of Donated Space Agreement with Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. for use of Suwannee County Services Building, located off Nobles Ferry Road.
7. Adoption of resolution adopting the Final Airport Master Plan Update Report for Suwannee County Airport.
8. Adoption of resolution amending Resolution No. 2012-08 authorizing the County Administrator to sign a Surface Water Management System Ownership and Maintenance Agreement on behalf of Suwannee County.
9. Approval of advertise for bids for Timber Removal for Catalyst Site.
10. Authorization to advertise for bids for Installation of Test Wells at Catalyst Site.
11. Authorization to advertise for bids for the Construction of 71st Drive Drainage Ditch.
12. Approval to obtain appraisals on right-of way acquisition for 161st Road project. (District 1 road construction funds)
13. Authorization for survey services to establish a taking line for road construction for 161st Road project. (District 1 road construction funds)
14. Approval of Interlocal Agreement between Suwannee County and the City of Live Oak regarding temporary sharing of building official.
15. Approval of Memorandum of Agreement with Florida Gateway College for the faculty and students enrolled in the Emergency Medical Services programs to use Suwannee County Fire Rescue for clinical laboratory practice.
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
16. At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, presentation by SWAT youth. (Mary Taylor, Suwannee Coalition)
17. At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, consider approval of emergency hire of Library Youth Services position for Live Oak Library. (Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries)
18. At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold second public hearing, to consider adoption of an ordinance amending the text of the Comprehensive Plan related to Solid Waste Facilities (Class I, Class III, and C&D Landfills). (CPA 12-02) (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
19. At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold second public hearing, to consider adoption of ordinance amending the text of the Land Development Regulations related to Solid Waste Facilities (Class I, Class III, and C&D Landfills). (LDR 12-01) (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
20. At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider amending Chapter 6 “Alcoholic Beverages” of The Codified Ordinances of Suwannee County, Florida by amending Section 6-2 “Permitted Hours Of Operation”. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
21. Approve minutes of meeting held on November 7, 2012.
22. Staff Reports.
a) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
b) Randy Harris, County Administrator
c) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
d) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
e) James Sommers, Interim Public Safety Director
23. The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 26, Additional Agenda Items.)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
24. Discuss, with possible Board action, option to purchase remaining 237± acres adjacent to Catalyst Site. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
25. Authorization to amend the scopes of services and funding requests listed in the Rural Infrastructure Funds and CDBG grants, if necessary, and authorization for Chairman’s signature for same. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
26. Additional Agenda Items.
27. Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
28. Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.
Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
- Suwannee Democrat
Fire consumes motorhome
A motorhome was destroyed by fire late Tuesday afternoon shortly after the owner discovered flames were coming from the engine compartment, according to Suwannee County Fire Chief James Sommers.
Home destroyed by fire Tuesday
No injuries reported
Boarding up the roundabout
No injuries sustained as truck loses lumber
Suwannee County Commission special meeting for Thursday, June 20, 2013
The purpose of the special meeting is to discuss, with possible Board action, integrity and maintenance of Catalyst Site upon commencement of construction activities by Klausner.
Videos: Grilling tips from local pit master Damon Wooley
Get those grills out and get ready for some expert advice.
Videos are compliments of Do Good Media. Visit them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/dogoodmedia.
Wooley and The Wooley Bully “BBQ Mafia” of Live Oak host the annual Smokin’ on the Suwannee BBQ Festival to be held this year at the Suwannee County Coliseum on July 26 and 27. Click here to learn more.
Softball tourney at Sportsplex this weekend
Baseball tournament in Madison
Suwannee County commission round-up
On Tuesday, June 18, the Suwannee County Board of County Commissioners met for their bi-monthly meeting. Here’s a round-up of what took place.
Morning Update for Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Good morning. Here are your updates for today.
- Suwannee County School Board meeting notice for June 25, 2013
- Suwannee Country Club welcomes golf legend Don Branske
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines
- Fire consumes motorhome