Live Oak — Forestry representatives have advised of the possibility of a significant smoke event beginning this evening and continuing until midday Tuesday, May 1. Winds from the east will carry smoke from the County Line Fire currently burning in the Osceola National Forest and may impact I-75, US 41, US 441 and SR 2. Fog is expected to develop beginning around 3 a.m. and mix with the smoke causing reduced visibility conditions. Drivers are reminded to drive with the upmost care, utilizing headlights and travel at reduced speeds if reduced visibility conditions are encountered.
- Suwannee Democrat
- SHS sophomore Kevarrius Hayes commits to UF basketball for 2015
SHS sophomore Kevarrius Hayes signs with UF basketball for 2015
University of Florida head basketball coach Billy Donovan signed Suwannee High School basketball great Kevarrius Hayes today.
- WWII veteran Dr. Frederick Mickler gifted trip to D.C. aboard Honor Flight
- Fast food employee robbed at First Federal Bank
- 7 injured in mud bog accident in White Springs
Morning Update for Monday, June 17, 2013
Good morning. Here are your updates for today.
- Two from Bradenton in serious condition after motorcycle crash in Suwannee
Weekend weather forecast
No rain in the forecast. Happy Father's Day.
Ethics commission: No probable cause found Jarvis misused databases
The state of Florida Commission on Ethics has ruled Wednesday there was no probable cause found to determine former Third Circuit State Attorney Robert L. “Skip” Jarvis Jr. misused his position while in office or used information not available to the general public for the benefit of himself or another person by utilizing databases to make searches on people.
- Rant & Rave - June 14, 2013
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines