Live Oak —
Thursday Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Thursday Night A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
For more weather visit: http://weather.cnhionline.com/fw.php?usr=suwanneedemocrat
South Main Boulevard (US 41) Daytime lane closures in both directions near Southwest Crescent Street (just south of Lake City Plaza) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for construction of a turn lane to the new Family Dollar Store.
State Road 47 Possible daytime lane closures for northbound traffic at the new Clay Electric site south of Lake City and trucks entering and leaving daily.
US 90 Daytime lane closures between Southwest Thomas Terrace and Southwest Executive Drive Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to clean the ditches.
US 441 Daytime lane closures from just south of Deep Creek to the Georgia line Monday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to work on the shoulders.
Interstate 75 Daytime lane closures between the Suwannee County line (Suwannee River bridges) and US 129 (Exit 451) Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to paint the final roadway markings. The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph during lane closures.
State Road 143 Daytime lane closures in Jennings between US 41 (Plum Street) and Interstate 75 Wednesday to clean out ditches.
County Road 354 Possible daytime lane closures between US 27 and State Road 51 (Hal Adams Bridge) for construction of a new bike trail on the north and east side of the road.
State Road 51 Possible daytime lane closures between County Road 354 and the Hal Adams Bridge for construction of a new bike trail on the east side of the road.
Best bets for today:
* Boy Scout Troop 408 Meets on Thursdays from 7-8:30 at the American Legion Post 107, 10726 142nd St., Live Oak. This is approx. 5.5 miles south of town and 1.5 miles east of Hwy. 129. Membership is open to boys ages 11-17. Join us for camping, hiking, canoeing, and many other outdoor activities.
* Free English classes Sept. 10 - Dec. 13, 2012 There are four levels of classes from the most basic to the most advanced. You will learn pronunciation, conversation, reading and writing in English. All are welcome. The hours: Monday and Thursday 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. We are located in the Episcopal Church, St. Luke’s, in front of the Suwannee Coliseum, 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. For more information call the teacher, Phyllis, at 386-249-0096.
Clases de Ingles Sept. 10 - Dic. 13, 2012 Gratis Hay cuatro niveles de clases de los mas basicos hasta los mas advansados. Aprenden la pronunciación, conversación, lectura y escribir en Ingles. Todos tienen la bienvenida. El horario: Lunes y Jueves, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Estamos en frente del coliseo. 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. Para mas información llame a la maestra Felicia 386-249-0096.
* TOPS Fl #0662
We would like to invite everyone that has a little or a lot of weight to loose, to come visit us. TOPS is a weight loss support group. We strive to help each other through out our meetings. We have different programs such as stress eating, the buffet, portion control, exercise, medications that can cause weight gain, and more. Take Off Pounds Sensibly is an organization that supports you while striving to meet your goal wight, as well as after meeting your goal, and you are working to maintaining our goal. TOPS 0662 meets on Thursday mornings at the First Advent Christian Church. 699 Pinewood Dr. Live oak, Fl. We start our weight in at 8 a.m. - 8:50 a.m. The meeting starts at 9 a.m.-10 a.m. your first visit is free, so come and let us support you in your challenge to Take Off Pounds Sensibly. For more information contact Elaine at 386-364-5537.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 8 p.m. The meetings are at Nobles Ferry Road next to Meridian Behavioral Health Center. For more information, please call 386-362-4221 or 386-688-3133.
* Boy Scout Troop 693 Meets at the Church of the Nazarene, 515 Church Street, S.W., Live Oak, on Thursday nights throughout the year, 6:30 - 8:00 p. m. Membership is open to boys who have finished the fifth grade and are at least 10, or who are 11-17. They age-out at 18. Parents are always welcome to participate as leaders, on the troop committee or to work as a merit badge counselor. Monthly campouts, winter camp and summer camp are but a few of its activities. For additional information, please contact Scoutmaster Charles Stephens, 364-3766, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Oak —
- Local News
- Suwannee Democrat
- Suwannee Sports
- Jasper News
- Fiery crash claims life of driver in Hamilton
- United Ways and FamilyWize have helped 5 million people save money and stay healthy
- Historic schoolhouse moves to White Springs Library
- Burton talks economic development in Hamilton
- Veterans park in Jasper moving forward despite temporary delay
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video