Live Oak —
Friday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the morning.
Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Calm wind.
For more weather visit: http://weather.cnhionline.com/fw.php?usr=suwanneedemocrat
South Main Boulevard (US 41) Daytime lane closures in both directions near Southwest Crescent Street (just south of Lake City Plaza) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for construction of a turn lane to the new Family Dollar Store.
State Road 47 Possible daytime lane closures for northbound traffic at the new Clay Electric site south of Lake City and trucks entering and leaving daily.
State Road 143 Daytime lane closures in Jennings between US 41 (Plum Street) and Interstate 75 Wednesday to clean out ditches.
County Road 354 Possible daytime lane closures between US 27 and State Road 51 (Hal Adams Bridge) for construction of a new bike trail on the north and east side of the road.
State Road 51 Possible daytime lane closures between County Road 354 and the Hal Adams Bridge for construction of a new bike trail on the east side of the road.
Best bets for today:
* Recovery By The Numbers group of Narcotics Anonymous Meets Wed and Friday at 7:30 p.m. at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 1391 11th St. S.W. Live Oak 386-249-3505 or Help Line # 866-352-5323, http://uncoastna.org Recovery by the numbers is not affiliated with St. Lukes.
* Alcoholics Anonymous. Meetings are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 8 p.m. The meetings are at Nobles Ferry Road next to Meridian Behavioral Health Center. For more information, please call 386-362-4221 or 386-688-3133.
* Live Oak Garden Club Meets on the 3rd Friday of each month, for a luncheon and a program for "all gardeners". The Live Oak Garden Club is also an ideal location and facility for a wedding reception, baby shower, family reunion, suitable for any event up to 100 people. Visit our website at www.liveoakfloridagardenclub.com or phone Sara at 386-364-4189 for additional information.
* The Arc North Florida Adults with Disabilities Program. Open to Branford and surrounding adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities. We meet every Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the health department building in Branford, Fla. For more information please contact the AWD supervisor Lisa Perry at 386-208-1404
Live Oak —
- Local News
Morning Update for Friday, May 24, 2013
Good morning. Here are your updates for today.Continued ...
- Suwannee Primary students get a glimpse of wildlife
- Commissioner turns up heat over agenda changes
- Morning Update for Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Mayo child struck by vehicle doing fine
- ‘Changing Minds’ strikes gold
- Morning Update for Friday, May 24, 2013
- Suwannee Democrat
- Suwannee Sports
- Jasper News
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video