Live Oak —
Friday: A slight chance of showers between noon and 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 92. Northeast wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Northeast wind between 3 and 8 mph.
State Road 51 Daytime lane closures between County Roads 252 and 349 Tuesday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for roadway testing.
State Road 247 Crews will be repainting the roadway lines from US 129 to the Columbia County line which is a moving operation.
US 27 Daytime lane closures at the Dollar General store in Branford for construction of new turn lanes.
Best bets for today:
* 2nd Texaco Country Showdown at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. Friday, 8 p.m. The 2nd Texaco Country Showdown audition will be held in the Music Hall. The Texaco Country Showdown, America’s Largest Country Music Talent Search, is designed to find the most promising country music talent in America and give these performers a chance to launch their country music careers. Three winners will be chosen from those auditioning. All three will go to the finals July 13 at the SOSMP. Auditions begin at 8.
* Suwannee River Jubilee at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park. Gospel music’s largest outdoor festival continues through Saturday. Friday features the Chuck Wagon Gang, Saturday is Primitive Quartet. Concerts are at 7 p.m.
* Fun Days, as part of Dream Big Read event at Live Oak Library, 3-4 p.m.
Live Oak —
- Local News
Happening today! May Day Fun Day
Come out Saturday to join in celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation
What: May Day Fun Day.Continued ...
Why: To celebrate the Emancipation Proclamation.
Who: Local vendors, car show, activities for the kids.
Where: Douglass Center, 617 Ontario Ave. SW.
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rant & Rave - May 17, 2013
- Live Oak: Alcohol ordinance passes 3-2
- On tap this weekend
- City to consider new form of government
- Great Suwannee River Race is tomorrow
- Happening today! May Day Fun Day
- Suwannee Democrat
- Suwannee Sports
- Jasper News
- United Ways and FamilyWize have helped 5 million people save money and stay healthy
- Historic schoolhouse moves to White Springs Library
- Burton talks economic development in Hamilton
- Veterans park in Jasper moving forward despite temporary delay
- South Hamilton student accidentally shot Sunday dies
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video