Live Oak —
City of Live Oak
Regular Monthly Council Meeting
A G E N D A
Tuesday March 12, 2013 6:30 P.M.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
3. Approval of the February 12th Regular Council meeting and the March 6th Special Called Council meeting.
4. Mayor Garth R. Nobles, Jr. – Matters of the City
1) Presentation of two Mayor's Community Service Awards
2) Presentation of a Florida Military Family and Community Covenant Proclamation
5. John Gill-City Clerk
1) Council vote on Ordinance 1330 which was not approved (signed) by the Mayor upon the final reading
6. Brent Whitman – Public Works Director
1) DOT State Highway Lighting, Maintenance and Compensation Agreement for FY 13-14 in the amount of $39,088.80.
2) Request to place an amateur Radio Repeater on the I-10 water tank for radio communications during an emergency situation.
3) Request to place the Helvenston Sidewalk project out to bid.
4) Status update with possible Council action regarding the Barnett Property on White Ave
5) Update on SRWMD RIVER Cost Share Program for FY 2013 Project
7. Development Manager-George Curtis
1) Final reading of Ordinance No. 1327 (CPA 13-1) an ordinance changing the land use classification from Residential Medium Density to Commercial (Hillman & Beech)
2) Final reading of Ordinance No. 1328 (LDR 13-1) an ordinance rezoning the official zoning atlas from Residential Single Family/Mobile Home Three (RSF/MH-3) to Commercial-Intensive (C-I) (Hillman & Beech)
3) Final reading of Ordinance No. 1331 (LDR 13-2) an ordinance rezoning the official zoning atlas from Commercial-Neighborhood (C-N) to Residential Single Family/Mobile Home Three (RSF/MH-3) (Corner of 5th St. and Green Ave.)
4) Final reading of Ordinance No. 1332 an ordinance replacing the Floodplain management map and adopting a new flood hazard map.
5) Discussion pertaining to proposed carwash at 817 Howard St. W.
8. Greg Scott-Live Oak, Suwannee County Recreation Board
1) Request for permission to pursue a grant for a trail for the abandoned CSX right of way
9. Councilman Jacob Grantham – Fire Department Matters
1) Discussion with possible council action on the City Administrator responsibilities & duties
2) Discussion with possible council action on policy and procedures
3) Discussion with possible Council action on LDR's &/or City Ordinance concerning merchandise and displays being placed on DOT right of ways and private property
4) Recommendation to remove Edwin Leathlean from probation to permanent status 3/8/2013
5) Discussion regarding the PTO policy by the Professional Firefighters of Live Oak
10. Councilman Keith Mixon– Matters of the Law Enforcement Committee
1) Discussion regarding the City of Live Oak annex building
11. Councilman Bennie Thomas – Matters of the Gas, Water and Sewer Committee
1) No items to discuss
12. Councilman John Yulee – Matters of Street Department
1) No items to discuss
13. Councilman Adam Prins – Matters pertaining to Administrative and Finance Committee
1) Discussion with possible Council action regarding placing the Code Enforcement Officer under the supervision of the Chief of Police
2) First reading of Ordinance no. 1333 pertaining to the outdoor feeding of animals on properties zoned for non-residential use
3) First reading of Ordinance no. 1334 pertaining to Chapter 18 Article III, Section 18-73 of the City of Live Oak Code of Ordinance-Alcohol
4) Discussion with possible Council action concerning approval of an advertisement for the position of City Administrator
5) Report from the Finance Director regarding the status of the DEP Water Loan
6) Report from the Finance Director regarding the status of the DEP Stormwater Loan
14. Public Comments
15. Meeting Adjournment
Pursuant to 286.0105, Florida Statutes, the City hereby advices the public that if a person decides to appeal any decision made by the City Council with respect to any matter considered at its meeting or hearing. The person will need a record of the proceedings, and that for such purpose, affected persons may need to insure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. This notice does not constitute consent by the City for the introduction or admission into evidence of otherwise inadmissible or irrelevant evidence, nor does it authorize challenges or appeals not otherwise allowed by law. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing special accommodation to participate in this meeting, shall contact the Live Oak City Clerk’s Office at (386) 362-2276, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Live Oak —
City of Live Oak
- Local News
- Suwannee Democrat
- Suwannee Sports
- Jasper News
- Fiery crash claims life of driver in Hamilton
- United Ways and FamilyWize have helped 5 million people save money and stay healthy
- Historic schoolhouse moves to White Springs Library
- Burton talks economic development in Hamilton
- Veterans park in Jasper moving forward despite temporary delay
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video