Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
LIVE OAK CITY HALL
101 SOUTHEAST WHITE AVENUE
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR OCTOBER 2, 2012, 9:00 A.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Lunch Break – Approximately 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.
1. Approve payment of invoices.
2. Approve payment of Invoice No. 10009-09 in the amount of $15,381.25 to GTC Design Group, LLC for Catalyst Site. (DEO/EDA grant)
3. Approve payment of Invoice No. 198254 in the amount of $4,073.00 to Carr Allison for for legal services regarding Project Christmas.
4. Approve payment of Invoice No. 5260335 in the amount of $4,979.00 to URS Corporation for professional services Airport Master Plan Update/Airport Layout Drawing. (FAA grant)
5. Approve payment of Invoice No. EBB-14494 in the amount of $22,740.92 to Davis, Schnitker, Reeves & Browning P.A. for professional services regarding litigation with TSS Development.
6. Approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 10 in the amount of $7,500.00 with URS Corporation in for the development, coordination and approval of a Residential Through-the-Fence Agreement (RTTF) at the Suwannee County Airport.
7. Approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 9 in the amount of $6,000.00 with URS Corporation for limited engineering inspection services for the Security Cameras project at the Airport.
8. Approval to piggyback off state contract for appraisal services with Hale & Brannon Appraisals in the amount of $38,000.00 for the 161st Road project.
9. Approval to piggyback the Construction of 129th Road (Hughes Road) agreement with Curt’s Construction for the Reconstruction of 235th Road located in District 3. (District 3 funds)
10. Approval to purchase property currently being used by County, in the amount of $100,000, from Reginald Bo and Shirley Sperring. (Parcel ID# 23-02S-13E-06415-090221)
11. Approval of Records Disposition Document for the destruction of county records that have met their statutory retention requirement for the Building Department, Fire Rescue and Veteran’s Affairs.
12. Adoption of resolution declaring November, 2012 as “Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month” in Suwannee County, Florida.
13. Approval of revised job description for Administrative Associate position, and approval to advertise for same.
14. Authorization to advertise for bids for Wells for Catalyst Site.
15. Award bid for Batteries to Battery Distributers Southeast, Inc. in the amount of $859.50. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-15)
16. Award bid for Guardrail Replacement at Intersection of CR 252 and 61st Road to Lake City Management Group, Inc. in the amount of $8,616.10. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-16)
17. Approval of 2012-2012 Small County Consolidated Grant Agreement in the amount of $70,588.00 with the Florida Department of Environmental Projection for Public Works Department.
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
18. At 9:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, discuss, with possible Board action, amending Sexual Predator ordinance to allow for medical hardship. (Chris Joyner)
19. Approve minutes of the following meetings:
a) Special Called Meeting held on August 29, 2012
b) Regular Board Meeting held on September 4, 2012
c) Tentative Budget Hearing held on September 6, 2012
d) Special Called Meeting held on September 7, 2012
e) Regular Board Meeting held on September 18, 2012
20. Staff Reports.
a) Hal A. Airth, County Attorney
b) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
c) Randy Harris, County Administrator
d) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
e) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
f) James Sommers, Public Safety Director
21. The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 27, Additional Agenda Items.)
22. Discuss, with possible Board action, rescheduling the public hearing regarding the hours of sale for alcoholic beverages. (Chairman Wesley Wainwright)
23. Authorization to advertise for bids for multiple road improvements associated with the Klausner contract:
a) 169th Road from US 90 North to Klausner ingress/egress road
b) Klausner ingress/egress road
c) US 90 four lane section
24. Discuss, with possible Board action, general airport guidance. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
25. Discuss, with possible Board action, the “Stipulation Providing for Dismissal of Some Parties and Abatement of Case for Remaining Parties filed in Alachua County, Florida at al v. Elizabeth Dudek”. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
26. Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
27. Additional Agenda Items.
28. Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.
Due to the General Election Day, the Tuesday, November 6, 2012 Regular Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 7, 2012.
Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
- Local News
Happening today! May Day Fun Day
Come out Saturday to join in celebration of the Emancipation Proclamation
What: May Day Fun Day.Continued ...
Why: To celebrate the Emancipation Proclamation.
Who: Local vendors, car show, activities for the kids.
Where: Douglass Center, 617 Ontario Ave. SW.
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rant & Rave - May 17, 2013
- Live Oak: Alcohol ordinance passes 3-2
- On tap this weekend
- City to consider new form of government
- Great Suwannee River Race is tomorrow
- Happening today! May Day Fun Day
- Suwannee Democrat
- Suwannee Sports
- Jasper News
- United Ways and FamilyWize have helped 5 million people save money and stay healthy
- Historic schoolhouse moves to White Springs Library
- Burton talks economic development in Hamilton
- Veterans park in Jasper moving forward despite temporary delay
- South Hamilton student accidentally shot Sunday dies
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video