Live Oak —
Columbus Day A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Light and variable wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
US 90 Daytime lane closures between Goldkist Boulevard near the Farmer’s Co-op and Walker Avenue Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to clean the ditches.
State Road 51 Daytime lane closures between the Lafayette County line and the southern Live Oak city limits Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to take roadway samples.
US 90 The road will be closed between US 129 and Houston Avenue Friday, October 12 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. for the Suwannee High School homecoming parade. Live Oak Police and Suwannee County Sheriff’s officers will detour traffic.
US 129 (South Ohio Avenue) The road will be closed between Suwannee Elementary School and US 90 Friday, October 12 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. for the Suwannee High School homecoming parade. Live Oak Police and Suwannee County Sheriff’s officers will detour traffic.
Interstate 75 Nighttime lane closures at the Suwannee River bridges between US 129 (Exit 451) and the Suwannee County line (Suwannee River bridges) Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. to reseal the bridge joints. Nighttime lane closures in both directions at the Weigh-in-Motion Stations Sunday from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. to install traffic control devices in the asphalt The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph during lane closures.
US 129 Daytime lane closures at the Interstate 75 interchange Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. to place the final layer of asphalt. Also, daytime lane closures between the western city limits of Jasper and the Georgia line after 8:30 a.m. for work on the shoulders in preparation for resurfacing.
US 129 The road will be closed between the Bank of America and Northwest 15th Avenue Saturday, October 6 from 12:30 to 3 p.m. for the First Saturday Market Day, Antique Tractor Show and Parade. Jasper Police will detour traffic.
County Road 354 Possible daytime lane closures between US 27 and State Road 51 (Hal Adams Bridge) for construction of a new bike trail on the north and east side of the road.
State Road 51 Possible daytime lane closures between County Road 354 and the Hal Adams Bridge for construction of a new bike trail on the east side of the road.
US 27 (Main Street) The road will be closed Friday, October 12 between County Road 251A and Hawkins Avenue from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. for the Lafayette High School homecoming parade. Lafayette County Sheriff’s officers will detour traffic.
Interstate 75 Daytime lane closures in both directions at the Alachua County line (Santa Fe River bridge) Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for routine bridge maintenance.
South Main Boulevard (US 41) Possible daytime lane closures southbound near Southwest Crescent Street for construction of a new Family Dollar Store.
State Road 47 Possible daytime lane closures for northbound traffic at the new Clay Electric site south of Lake City and trucks entering and leaving daily.
Best bets for today:
* Cub Scout Pack 408 meets on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 at the American Legion Post 107, 10726 142nd St., Live Oak. This is approximately 5.5 miles south of town and 1.5 east of Hwy. 129. Membership is open to boys ages 6-10. Join us for camping, archery, BB shooting, and many other fun activities. Parents encouraged to participate.
* The Suwannee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association. Monthly meetings on the second Monday of the month, September through June, at the Suwannee River Water Management District Office, 9225 CR 49, Live Oak , from 7 to 9 p.m. (The office is located on the corner of US 90 and CR 49, 2 miles east of Live Oak.)The Suwannee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association develops, maintains, protects and promotes many miles of the Florida National Scenic Trail, including the Econfina, Ellaville and Big Oak Trails. Founded in 1993, the chapter serves Dixie, Columbia, Hamilton, Lafayette, Madison, Taylor and Suwannee Counties. Monthly meetings provide information on a wide variety of topics pertaining to nature, ecology, wildlife of the area, photography, etc. The public is cordially invited to join us for our monthly meetings as well as hiking/paddling activities throughout the year.Contact Chapter Chair, Sylvia Dunnam, 386-362-3256 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information on the association or the monthly program. You may also visit the web site at: www.suwannee.floridatrail.org or www.meetup.com/Suwannee-FTA for a calendar of activities.
* Free English classes Sept. 10 - Dec. 13, 2012 There are four levels of classes from the most basic to the most advanced. You will learn pronunciation, conversation, reading and writing in English. All are welcome. The hours: Monday and Thursday 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. We are located in the Episcopal Church, St. Luke’s, in front of the Suwannee Coliseum, 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. For more information call the teacher, Phyllis, at 386-249-0096.
Clases de Ingles Sept. 10 - Dic. 13, 2012 Gratis Hay cuatro niveles de clases de los mas basicos hasta los mas advansados. Aprenden la pronunciación, conversación, lectura y escribir en Ingles. Todos tienen la bienvenida. El horario: Lunes y Jueves, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Estamos en frente del coliseo. 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. Para mas información llame a la maestra Felicia 386-249-0096.
* Elks Lodge Bingo
Every Monday night
Elks Lodge Bingo is every Monday night from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Lodge. Non-smoking. Kitchen is open serving sandwiches, onion rings, etc. Elks Lodge is located on East Howard Street in Live Oak, across from Live Oak City Hall.
Live Oak —
- Local News
Suwannee Primary students get a glimpse of wildlife
Video includedContinued ...
- Commissioner turns up heat over agenda changes
- Morning Update for Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Mayo child struck by vehicle doing fine
- ‘Changing Minds’ strikes gold
- Boat safely this holiday weekend!
- Suwannee Primary students get a glimpse of wildlife
- Suwannee Democrat
- Suwannee Sports
- Jasper News
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video